Construction of the 1.2 Million square foot Body Shop started in 2014. The construction was completed in 2017. The total construction spanned two Phases with, in some cases, different contractors on the each of the phases. Hoffman Building Technologies was contracted as the Building Management System (BMS) Contractor and Systems Integrator for both phases. The Body Shop expansion project represents the plant’s fifth major upgrade since the expansion in 2012.
Hoffman Building Technologies Scope of Work:
Hoffman Building Technologies Inc., (HBT) was contracted to provide Alerton Direct Digital Controls for the following systems:
- Variable Air Volume Boxes
- Intake Louver(s) with positive feedback
- Exhaust Fan(s)
- Infra-red Heater(s)
Hoffman Building Technologies provided the Allen Bradley PLC controls for the following systems:
- 7,200 Ton Chilled Water Plant Controls consisting of six variable speed 1,200 Ton machines, seven variable speed primary pumps, and seven condenser water pumps piped in parallel with the welder water cooling, and eight cooling towers.
- Compressed Air Cold Water Cooling
- Welder Water Cooling
- Eighteen Single Zone Variable Volume Air Handling Units with each one providing almost 100,000 CFM in capacity.
- Utility Monitoring Panels
- Condensate Skid PLC panels
- Office Variable Air Volume Air Handling Units
Hoffman Building Technologies also provided the integraddtion of the level 0 and 1 controls into the owners existing 3rd Party Building Management System. As part of this scope of work, HBT integrated the following components:
- Allen Bradley VFD’s
- Belimo Energy Valves
- All of the Allen Bradley PLC’s
- All of the DDC controls
- Packaged equipment like the Air Compressor Data from the Server
- Packaged Daikin VRV system
- Lift Station Integration
In order to optimize the systems, Hoffman Building Technologies implemented a Chiller Plant Optimization strategy to increase the efficiency of Energy Center. The total installed chiller plant capacity to date is 7,200 Tons.