Renovation and Construction for the new 552,000 square foot manufacturing facility started in 2014. The final construction modifications were completed in late 2017. The total construction transcended two different construction managers and two mechanical contractors during the course of the project. Hoffman Building Technologies was contracted as the Building Management System (BMS) Contractor and Systems Integrator for both phases.
Hoffman Building Technologies Scope of Work:
Hoffman Building Technologies Inc., (HBT) was contracted to provide Alerton Direct Digital Controls for the following systems:
- 3,600 Ton Chilled Water Plant Controls consisting of three 1,200 Ton machines, three constant speed primary pumps, three variable speed secondary pumps, four condenser water pumps piped in parallel, and four cooling towers.
- Compressor Cooling System consisting of two variable speed pumps, and four fluid coolers.
- Steam Boiler system
- Air Handling Unit(s)
- iSO supplied at the Intake Louver(s) with positive feedback
- Exhaust Fan(s)
Hoffman Building Technologies also provided the integration of the various systems and new controls into the New Alerton Building Management System. As part of this scope of work, HBT integrated the following components:
- A quantity of 22 Pre-purchased Johnson Controls Air Handlers
- Four JCI/York Chillers
- Four Yaskawa VFD’s
- Six ABB Variable Frequency Drives
- MODbus integration to four ingersoll rand low pressure air compressors
- MODbus Integration to the Sequencing panel for Five Bellis-Morcom high pressure air compressors and the Dryers
- BACnet integration to the Skid Mounted Steam to Hot Water Heat Exchanger